What’s in store for your 2019? They say you have 365 blank pages… make them good.
I’d like to modify that a little.
Most of your pages shouldn’t be blank. You should already have things scheduled so you can achieve your goals.
For instance, I made a resolution to work out 208 times this year (average of 4 days a week). Same goal that I have hit for 6 years in a row. I already have this written in my book of life for this year. I also set a goal to take 12 vacations (at least one overnight stay somewhere) with my family this year. Several of those vacations are already scheduled. In fact I set goals for 7 areas of my life. Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Social Familial, Professional, and Financial.
What about you? Are your goals already scheduled? If not, get out your pen and paper (or your Google Docs) and start planning your year, put something on those blank pages.
Statistically, fewer than 5% of people who set New Years’ Resolutions actually achieve them? How can you ensure YOUR success? Use these 8 Tips below.
- Write Them Down. It’s a fact: Committing goals to paper and reviewing them regularly gives you up to a 95% higher chance of achieving your desired outcomes. Studies have shown that only three to five percent of people in the world have written goals – the same three to five percent who have achieve success in business and earn considerable wealth. A goal not written down is just a day dream. Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty. -Proverbs 21:5 (NLT)
- Commit. Move beyond the land of “good ideas” to the land of true “commitment“. In the scenario of bacon and eggs… the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. Be the pig!
- Tell the Masses. Let your friends, family and congressman in on your new commitments and goals for the year. This will really help your commitment.
- Get Accountability. Even better than just letting others in on your “secret” dreams and goals, get some accountability. Meet for lunch once a month with a group that will ask you, “So, how’s it going with your goal?” Hire a Coach. Talk to your best friend or partner. Get some support! Accountability is vital if you want to hit your goals. A guy I know bought a billboard that said “If you see me smoking, I will donate $1000 to your favorite charity”. Now that’s commitment to accountability!
- Launch. Many goals, great ideas and good intentions never get off the ground because they are waiting for the circumstances to be perfect before taking action. Perfection is the enemy of “good enough to launch”. Start, do something, anything, now! Remember, 100% of the time… some is better than none. Launch it and fix the problems as you go. Take imperfect action now.
- Celebrate Milestones. Pat yourself on the back, enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Let others know you are on your way to hitting your goal.
- Refocus. Check your compass, make sure your still heading toward your goal(s) and not sidetracked. Sometimes we see a new shiny thing and it takes our focus off the goal at hand. Stop chasing shiny things!!
- Help Others Succeed. Once you’ve obtained your goal, help others with theirs. You now have a first hand testimony, share it with others and warn them of the pitfalls, relay your experiential knowledge.
May this year be the year that your goals and dreams manifest with ease and joy!
2019 is my year to GIVE MORE – BE MORE – DO MORE – MAKE MORE!
God Bless You Abundantly!